Warning:

If you know me you know I am a wordy person, I always have a story to tell and I want moments fully documented. I want my kids to look back and have all the details, you can think of this site as our family journal, or more importantly the momma diary.

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Big Bear Lake (8/21/10)

We decided to make a Saturday trip up to Big Bear Lake before Trena started school. Our first stop was to the alpine slide, we bought tickets for Brent, Trena and Ava to ride it two times each. As they were getting ready to get on the lift we were informed Trena couldn't ride it as she had a broken arm, what a bummer as this is pretty much the whole reason we went. So they gave us a refund for Trena and we got to watch Brent and Ava ride and boy did she LOVE it.

us watching



On the lift



On the Alpine slide



Afterwards we went over to the village and had lunch at a little mom and pop place, my favorite. While walking around we ran into this guy, Ava was not a fan and wanted to get away as fast as she could.



Next we headed over to rent a canoe where we spent an hour on the lake watching the fish jump all around us. It was beautiful, peaceful and only scary every time the girls decided to move around. I didn't take my camera as we didn't want to chance it getting wet, but we took these photos as we waited for a canoe.



There was this awesome school of fish and Trena was trying to catch them with her hand and she actually was able to.




And of course Ava had to try to get in on the action as well.


Posted by Picasa

No comments: