Warning:

If you know me you know I am a wordy person, I always have a story to tell and I want moments fully documented. I want my kids to look back and have all the details, you can think of this site as our family journal, or more importantly the momma diary.

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Baby Update, we are 12 weeks!

Hello!!! We hope that all is well with everyone, all is well here. We went to the Doctors on Friday
February 1st, we were 11 weeks, 6 days. They did an ultrasound first thing and our little miracle was moving all around and kept putting his/her hand up to her face, upone seeing this I burst into tears with relief and joy. Everything looked well, the baby is measuring 12 weeks 1 day which is a blessing. As many of you know the only indication that we will have that something is going wrong will be the babies growth, so when the Ultrasounagrapher told me how big the baby was measuring I started crying again. The babies stomach showed that he/she had already started swallowing amniotic fluid, not suprising as hungry as I am all the time. After the ultrasound I had some additional blood work done, and then I got to meet my new perinatologist.

It is very important to me that I have a Doctor with strong faith and a belief in God. I have been very lucky with my OBGYN's so far and was very happy to find myself talking to my new perinatologist and having faith and God come up in our conversation. We discussed my history, which brought on a new wave of tears, he of course took my concerns very seriously and listened very intently. He stated that they would normally suggest another extensive set of tests, but upon learning whom my perinatologist was in Salt Lake he informed me I was coming from the best and that he had pretty much wrote the book on coagulation problems in pregnancy. He felt pretty confident with their analysis of my situation. He went on to say that he also felt this was likely not a genetic problem given all of the information, which my Doctors in Salt Lake felt pretty confident about as well, and that all signs did indeed point to a coagulation problem. He stated that he wants me on heparin untill time to deliver and he also wants me to start taking low dose aspirin. I am to see him every 4 weeks and my regular OB every 4 weeks. Starting at week 32 he will see me every two weeks for biophysical testing, this is similar to an ultrasound and a nonstress test combined. He said that we may possibly start this as early as 26 weeks if any of us (myself included) feel this is neccessairy. We will be watching ultrasounds closely to make sure that the baby is growing on schedule if at anytime the growth starts to slow down we will have to find a new plan of action. He told me that he hopes that I have the chubbiest baby ever!!! I told him I wanted a 10lbs fat little baby with rolls. He said we will definitely do our best. In the mean time I will be having ultrasounds every 4 weeks, so get ready for lots of ultrasound photos. We are so thankful for all of your well wishes and prayers.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

nathansara said...

Thank you for the updated. I'm so happy to hear and "see" that baby. You will be in our prayers. Hope all is well and love you lots.