Warning:

If you know me you know I am a wordy person, I always have a story to tell and I want moments fully documented. I want my kids to look back and have all the details, you can think of this site as our family journal, or more importantly the momma diary.

Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentines Weekend



We had a nice Valentine's weekend as a family. We went to lunch at Chipotle on Saturday and then on a little drive up to the mountains where the girls got to play in the snow. We didn't exactly have anything planned so no camera, only memories. They loved it though and Trena was even sliding down the hill on her butt.

That evening we put Ava to bed and then Brent went out and got Chinese food and brought home to me and Trena,. he also gave me a beautiful rose for Valentine's Day. Then Trena went to bed and we watched "The Time Traveler's Wife". I really liked it, and thought that it went well with the book. Brent was dreading watching it, but I don't think he thought it was as bad as he feared. He said that was thanks to the time traveling which switched it up from your normal chick flick.

The next morning the girls got up to balloons and cards from Dad.


And some other little trinkets from mom and dad.




We then got ready for church here are the girls in their V-day outfits I made them using this simple tutorial from where else, Joy's Hope. They are super simple and make cute sun dresses. I already have a few more planned for Ava.






I also made super simple felt heart clips for their hair:




After church it was about 70 degrees outside so we played around in the front yard and Brent fixed my jogging stroller, hip hip hooray! and then removed my destroyed bike chain, and hopefully next weekend he can finish fixing my bike and we can go on a family bike ride.




Here is a pic of the rabbit hole in our front yard, the girls love to watch all the rabbits.



Today we took advantage of another beautiful day (Trena was out of school) and went on a picnic to the park in our neighborhood (can you believe I didn't have my camera again!!!

All in all it was a wonderfully, perfect Valentine's weekend as simple as it was it was truly one of the best we've had.

Happy Valentine's to all !!! Especially to my Hubby and beautiful baby girls.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Carla said...

OK Martha....now you are making your own clothes. WOW! You are super mom. :) Love the girls matching outfits. You have such a cute family!! xoxoxoxo

William, Josy & Arianna said...

I am so happy for you all. And the girls look so cute with the clothes that you made. i loved it. Take care!