Warning:

If you know me you know I am a wordy person, I always have a story to tell and I want moments fully documented. I want my kids to look back and have all the details, you can think of this site as our family journal, or more importantly the momma diary.

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Hawaii, October 2-8 2011 (part 2)

Next up a hike to Diamond Head still on Wednesday our day of cramming it all in.
The hike is from the bottom of a crater to the top of a mountain and ends with these beautiful views.







The hike consisted of a lot of lovely stairs.

Here is Brent in our rental car for the day, it was the perfect car for driving up the beautiful coast.

After the hike we decided to drive the 1 1/2 hours to temple so we could take in its beauty. We didn't have enough time to go to the cultural center, but next time we will definitely have too.







This is the downstairs of our second hotel, the roof is open and there is a waterfall inside.

These cute birds are in the lobby and talk to you.



On Thursday we had dinner at a luau. So fun.











Friday was a no picture day, we went to dinner and I read, shopped and wandered the streets. While Brent went for one last ocean swim.

Saturday we were flying out later in the day and wanted to pack our day full again.

While waiting for our shuttle to our rental car, I walked over to the beach to take a picture of these huge crabs.





After we picked up our rental car we went to Pearl Harbor. What a sacred beautiful place, I am such a ball baby that all I did was walk through the gates and I got teary eyed. I love history and loved walking through the museums here and watching the video with actual footage. Walking through and reading some of the names and even seeing the names of the civilians that were lost. I think when we think of pearl harbor we think of all the servicemen that were lost, but there were so many more including babies and small children.




Next up was a great lunch at Maui Mike's and then on to the Dole Plantation and some yummy Dole Whip.




And then it was off to the North Shore for some yummy shaved ice and then the airport. We flew all night and got home about 7:45 the next morning just in time to be there when the girls woke up.

On a crazy side note just to show what a small world it is we actually ran into a family from our ward, the Christofferson's, that was vacationing in Hawaii twice.

We had a great vacation and were glad to have the time alone together, but look forward to taking our babies with us next time.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Erica Hill said...

You came to Hawaii and didn't look me up?! I forgive you this time but next time you better watch out :)

kim said...

I know I know!!! I remembered you were in Hawaii and on Thursday I looked and saw that we were on the same Island but we didn't have a car and we were almost out of time. I am sorry!

William, Josy & Arianna said...

Wow... This is so beautiful it make me want to go to! I am sure enjoyed you pictures!