Warning:

If you know me you know I am a wordy person, I always have a story to tell and I want moments fully documented. I want my kids to look back and have all the details, you can think of this site as our family journal, or more importantly the momma diary.

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Katrena's broken heart...

Katrena got off the bus yesterday and the first thing she said was "I hate my life." I asked her why and her little eyes filled up with tears and she said that her friend Logan had lied to her. Logan had told her that she her cousin had stolen Katrena's sunglasses from her and had been the one to break them, but in truth Logan confessed it was her and that she did it because she hates her. She then went on in detail to tell Katrena how she broke the ear pieces off, crushed the lenses and melt the plastic. and then scribbled all in the book Katrena was reading. They were both completely ruined. This little girl is in fourth grade and is Katrena's "bus friend" but it is still her responsibility to be an example to a first grader. It makes me so sad that kids are becoming so violent these days. And the look on my sweet little girls face broke my heart. It makes me sad to realize that this is probably the first of many times she will encounter cruelty from her peers.

No comments: