Warning:

If you know me you know I am a wordy person, I always have a story to tell and I want moments fully documented. I want my kids to look back and have all the details, you can think of this site as our family journal, or more importantly the momma diary.

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Baby Update

So the little one has finally turned head down, not that it matters with me having a c-section, but it is nice to breathe a little easier. Today I have enjoyed the foot in the rib and she keeps raising her little bum in the air.

Well although we have officially 6 1/2 weeks until we are due, the good Doctors are taking pity on me and my very bruised and colorful stomach, and are delivering me 3 weeks from today, pending an amnio. I am scheduled to have an amnio on 7/23 and we will know that night if we are good to go. The Doctors are pretty confident she will be ready, especially because she already had the steroid shot to increase lung development. (I on the other hand do not like the idea of that long needle going in my already bruised belly!!!) If all goes well with the amnio (please pray that it does) we will be having the c-section the next day 7/24 at 2 pm. For everyone that lives in UT you know this is Pioneer Day, I kind of like the thought of our wonderful miracle and gift from Heavenly Father being welcomed with fireworks. And even if we won't be seeing any, at least we know that our friends and family back home will be. My mom, Karey and Katrena will be flying in the night of the 23rd, so they can help me out while Brents at rotations and spend time with Trena. And there is absolutely no way I was having my second little miracle without my first little miracle around. I can't wait to see and hold her and I can't wait to see Brent and Katrena with the baby.

Love to all

5 comments:

The Higgins Family said...

We're prayin' for ya and little one. :) Please let me know when/if there's anything I can do to help anytime-- you know I'm happy to. :) So glad all's going well, despite the challenges.

The Frosts said...

3 weeks, that is so close!!! Good luck with everything and I'm so glad I found a fellow "So You Think You Can Dance" fan! I need to have a party or something for the finale...oh and I can't wait till they start switching up the partners! Can't wait to meet your little one!

Susan said...

I'm so excited for you to have your baby - I love the name Ava, by the way. I found your blog through Amanda's... only 3 weeks left - that's so soon!!

nathansara said...

Yippie! The baby is almost here. I'm so excited for you and a little sad that I get to only see her through pictures, but I'm just happy that she is almost here. Please take care of yourself. Love ya lots.

Allie said...

Hey Kim! I just got a blog, but I really don't know how to use it that much, so here's my email. Brass.heart16@yahoo.com. I don't know if you have to add me or not, but yeah haha.
Allie