Warning:

If you know me you know I am a wordy person, I always have a story to tell and I want moments fully documented. I want my kids to look back and have all the details, you can think of this site as our family journal, or more importantly the momma diary.

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

"Doctor" Dad 8/23/10

So it comes in handy sometimes to have a PA for a husband, he's removed Katrena's stiches and now he's removed her cast.

While Katrena was in UT ALL SUMMER LONG, she went to Girls Camp with my mom, dad and littlest sister. While camping on 7/29/10 they were playing softball and she went to get the ball that had gone into some shrubbery, when she leaned down she lost her balance and fell on her hands, breaking her left arm. She had a buckle fracture of the radius. My mom and dad took her to insta care and they x-ray'd her arm and then they went back and had it casted a few days latter after the swelling had gone down. Because it was a buckle fracture she only had to have the cast on for 3 weeks, lucky her and us! To bad she had to have it for the end of the summer because she missed a trip to raging waters, swimming and going down the alpine slide.

I had to post all of these because their facial expressions are priceless! Trena has little faith in her dad. Her uncle Tyler told her it wouln't hurt it would tickle and she thought he was lying.

Getting started, serious dad and timid Trena



After the above face Dad says "Does it hurt?" and Trena replied "no, it tickles."


A little nervous again as dad got closer to her fingers


okay, this isn't so bad



Seriously wish I could remember what prompted this


I think she was more worried about the scissors than she was the saw! Funny because these are the dullest scissors and have a flat bottom that just slides across your body.


Discussing where to cut the other side, we have to protect the names.



And Ava sat there intently taking it all in, I think she was scared to move or say anything


Dirty, dry, dead hand

NASTY filleted cast which of course she wants to keep, I have a pack rat for a daughter. She came home and completely took out the inside so she could keep just the hot pink casting.



3 comments:

William, Josy & Arianna said...

Wow... I am so glad that she is fine and you guys too. I remember I broke my arm when I was 7 years old and I had to have surgery. It wasn’t fun.

Jenn said...

I love the second one where she is smiling up at him. Those are way cute pics.

Anonymous said...

awww thats sad hope she get better