Warning:

If you know me you know I am a wordy person, I always have a story to tell and I want moments fully documented. I want my kids to look back and have all the details, you can think of this site as our family journal, or more importantly the momma diary.

Friday, August 6, 2010

July Randoms

We finally got a new entertainment center, I had had our current one since I was 18. I bought it for $110 dollars from Shopko in 1996, and it has survived 10 moves. I definitely got my moneys worth out of it! We had to remove the shelves and the divider at the top at one point to accommodate a larger tv and it lost one of the knobs.

Here is Ava helping dad put together the new entertainment center from World Market Place. She was so cute she was in the little cupboard with an alan wrench and everything. (7/10/10)





We are still loving play doh and got some cool play doh toys for Ava's birthday, she is so funny she uses the rolling pin and says roll it, roll it. but her favorite thing to do is make hair. (7/10/10)




Went to a baby boy, jungle themed baby shower. The mother in law had made these adorable cupcakes, lion, monkey and elephant. Unfortunately I only got a picture of the elephant on my camera phone, jt had already made its way into mine and Ava's tummy before we got home, but the trunk and ears were melted white chocolate. Yum. I thought these others were just too cute to not share.


In our ward the Sunday before your Birthday in Primary/Nursery you get a Birthday card from the Primary Presidency and of course get sung to, then after church you take your card to the Bishop's office and he signs your card and gives you your treat bag. ( We do this so that other kids aren't asking for some of your treats). So here is Ava with her treat bag, she was so excited to get it and kept saying "Happy Birthday to you". The bag had some candy, a bracelet, a little coloring book, and an article of faith card. The highlights were definitely the bracelet and sucker. Unfortunately by the time we got home she was uncooperative for a picture, to tired it was way past nap time.


When we lived in our apartment in Arizona we had birds fly into our apartment on 3 different occasions, well here we have had another kind of little friend. We have found a lizard in the the family room, bathroom and hall way. Ava loves it when she spots a baby lizard and its so cute to hear her say lizard.

Here is a picture of Ava and I watching the lizard that had run under the entertainment center.

We also have another kind of visitor here, ANTS, it doesn't matter how clean you keep your house EVERYONE has them and we're not talking a few. They invade an area and swarm. The first place we had them was the kitchen counter, then on top of the fridge (ya, no food there), pantry, laundry room floor, kitchen sink, kitchen cupboard, another cupboard, kitchen window, master bath, Ava's books, main bathroom. Now the best part of all this is that only twice have they actually been in food, every other time they were just there. So here they are on our bathroom counter, they are swarming to the bait in this picture. Ava just yells gross Ants.


July 31st ended the splash into reading program at the library. Ava had so much fun taking in the list of books we had read each week and spinning the wheel to get a prize. She got a beach ball, a frog slap bracelet, a water frisbee, a water bomb ball and a necklace type thing to put money in so it doesn't get wet while you swim. I planned on taking a picture of her with her loot, but never got around to it and now I can't find the frisbee, oh well.




Posted by Picasa

No comments: