Warning:

If you know me you know I am a wordy person, I always have a story to tell and I want moments fully documented. I want my kids to look back and have all the details, you can think of this site as our family journal, or more importantly the momma diary.

Friday, October 14, 2011

Vacation Day 9, August 10th, North Carolina

Well our trip was through and we were headed home. I had seen all my great Aunts and Uncles and some of my cousins but had missed out on seeing so many too.

We decided to make a quick swing by my cousin Jenny's house (my Uncle Shelton's daughter), only her and her oldest son Landon were home so we took a few minutes to visit and then we were on our way.

I made the request that we make one more stop on our way to the airport and that was to go by the cemetery where some/most of our family is buried.

Thornton is my grandma's maiden name.

This is my Papa's grave he was my Grammy Ann's second husband, they married when my mom was a teenager so he was my grandpa in every way shape or form.

My great grandmother

My great grandfather

My Uncle Shelton



I also have three cousins buried at this cemetery. My Grandad (mom's dad) is buried in Rocky Mount North Carolina, and my Aunt Mary in Raleigh, NC.

We grabbed a late lunch and took a goodbye photo with Grandma and we were off to the airport.

We arrived in Vegas at 11pm, 2am to our bodies so we decided to rent a room and make the 2.5 hour drive home the next day.


Posted by Picasa

No comments: