Warning:

If you know me you know I am a wordy person, I always have a story to tell and I want moments fully documented. I want my kids to look back and have all the details, you can think of this site as our family journal, or more importantly the momma diary.

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

End of May- catch up

I really do love to blog, but I have been a terrible slacker the last few weeks, so I really do apologize.

First order of business Katrena's last day of school was May 22nd, she exited the school bus shouting I passed first grade, I am a second grader. I thought this was quite funny, seeing as how as a first grader I don't think I ever thought that I wouldn't pass.

Next, Grandpa (Brent's dad) came to visit. And even though we only spent about 24 hours with him, Katrena was in heaven!!! Dad flew into Arizona on Friday night and we didn't go to Brent's brothers till the next afternoon to see him. Katrena told her friend she couldn't play on Friday because her Grandpa was in town. When we pulled up at Gary's on Saturday she darted out of the car screaming Grandpa. Katrena has really missed having Grandparents nearby. We enjoyed some time visiting and BBQ and then it was home to our place where Dad kindly helped Brent rearrange Katrena's room to make room for the baby and all of her stuff. On Sunday we drove Grandpa and Brent to the Airport where they caught a flight to San Antonio.






Brent was going to a PA conference in San Antonio for a few days and being that I am high risk I couldn't go with, so Brent asked his Dad to join him. They got in on Sunday, May 25th and on Monday the 26th he attended classes in the morning, they did some sight seeing in the afternoon and then Brent participated in a challenge bowl between different colleges that evening. Tuesday they spent the whole day sight seeing. They went to the River Walk and took a boat tour, visited the Alamo and went to the snake farm (eew!!!) they said there were other animals there too. They had a great time together and headed back to phoenix and Utah that evening.



Last weekend on Saturday the 31st we went to Gary and Jody's and had a BBQ and then went to a free outdoor concert at the mall by their house. It was a Beatle's tribute band, they were pretty good and pretty decent too!

Baby update: things are still going relatively well the baby is growing on schedule and measuring good. My blood pressure and weight and babies HR is good. I go to the doctor's three times a week and two of those times I have biophysical profiles done on the baby. This is where they measure the amount of amniotic fluid around baby, HR, movement and position, and if they are doing the action of breathing. Each is worth two points for a total of 8/8. She has gotten a perfect 8 every time until Monday the 1st of June. She only got a 6 so they sent me over to have an NST done, everything looked fine on that so we will follow up on Thursday. In the meantime I am constantly counting kicks because I am paranoid, I know I have good reason to be. Anyways her kicks were good all last night and today. We will keep everyone updated.

Love to all!!!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: