Warning:

If you know me you know I am a wordy person, I always have a story to tell and I want moments fully documented. I want my kids to look back and have all the details, you can think of this site as our family journal, or more importantly the momma diary.

Saturday, June 7, 2008

The Kindness of Strangers... (sorry so long)

As everyone knows in order to get our little girl here I have to have heparin injections twice a day. Well my Doctors upped my dose a few weeks ago so I ran out of my previous prescription a little faster than normal. My insurance will only pay for my heparin if I go through a mail order pharmacy company (pain in the butt and I worry if I will get it in time). Last Wednesday I contacted them and said that I would be taking my last dose Monday morning and due to the weekend would need it delivered on Friday, they said no problem and put the order in. On Thursday at 6pm I get a phone call that heparin is on back order and they will not be able to get it to me until Tuesday, umm too late. So I explained the situation and they said I would need to call back in the morning. Friday I call and they say there is no way they can get it to me, so they contact my insurance and they say that they will allow it to be filled by a local pharmacy 1 time. I call my Doctors office and they write a prescription and I pick it up. Now the real fun starts. With all the garbage going on with Heparin in the news because some company royally messed with theres (thank heavens not the brand I use), and people have been dying, there is a shortage everywhere. I went to multiple pharmacies today (by Brents brothers) and each of those pharmacies contacted all of their sister pharmacies (by both of our homes) and searched their computers, nothing! Someone finally suggested I contact the hospital that I will be delivering at and plead my case. I did, and they said they couldn't help but they knew where I should be able to get some ( I was beginning to feel like I was trying to find my next hit or something). They gave me the number to the biggest Walgreens in Phoenix and another company. They also told me if I couldn't locate any to come in they would not let me go with out, I thanked them over and over. So the company they were sure would have it was closed till Monday (of course). Walgreens said they didn't have any but they would contact there manager and get back with me, about 2 hours later I get a phone call they have 11 vials which is 11 days worth. At this point I am in Gilbert (east) and the pharmacy is west of my house. By the time I got there it was 6 pm, they were going to give me all they had when they come back and say my insurance won't pay because I am not using their pharmacy! AAAGH!!! Didn't we take care of this already. So they call the insurance pharmacy, sorry closed for the weekend, then they call the insurance, sorry closed. So we ask the man how much it would be for the 11 days $167!!! ya right, we have NO income remember. So I asked the man how much for one vial (and a prayer that mine really comes on Tuesday). And that sweet man just handed it to me, and I said how much and he said I can do one vial and I know you really need it. It was the sweetest thing ever. I thanked him over and over and then left clutching my vial of heparin (which by the way I felt like I was stealing).

***sorry so long, but I wanted to really express what an angel he was and how he came to my rescue.***

2 comments:

nathansara said...

Good I'm glad you got the vial and also happy to know that there are still some caring people out there in the world. We love you lots and PLEASE take of yourself and that baby girl.

Kate said...

Awesome!