
So my little girl left today, she will be in Utah for 6 weeks. This was her first time flying by herself and although she said she was scared, I don't believe her, I know that I was more afraid than she was. She was so excited to go and I know she will have a great time visiting Scott and Stephanie as well as all of her other extended family. (I even scheduled a dentist appointment for her while she is there). I only cried for about 10 minutes after she got on the plane, and off and on the rest of the evening as well as yesterday.
While waiting at the airport we read the Kissing Hand, its a children's book about a raccoon that has to leave his mom to go to school and she kept kissing my belly and telling the baby how much she loved her. And then she would tell her to wait till she got home to be born. I highly doubt the baby knew that she was being told to stay inside, but she was certainly moving around a lot, I think she knew her big sister was leaving and that she wouldn't hear her beautiful voice for awhile. I wrote her a little note to read on the plane and then I hid a really cute and cuddly stuffed dog in her carry on bag so that she could find it on the plane. My mom hid a monkey in my suitcase with a letter when I was younger and was going away for awhile and I still remember how I felt, knowing how much she loved me and was going to miss me.
I am looking forward to hearing about all of her fun adventures and I will share any news that I hear. As for those in Utah whom may have a chance to see my little girl in the next few weeks, please give her a hug and kiss for me.
Be safe Little Bit, I'll see you in 6 weeks!!!
1 comment:
I can't wait until my little boy is big enough to do that--neither can his grandparents! I know it's hard but it will be so fun for her.
Post a Comment