
So in my opinion every mom needs a rocking chair, my husband disagrees. As I sat crying that it was something I really wanted and he talked to me about sacrifices to be made, la de da, do to our too small apartment, I said that living in a too small apartment was my sacrifice and I was not giving up rocking my baby, regardless of how crowded this made our apartment. I then rounded up a friend with a van (Thanks Amanda) and my mom, since Amanda nor I can currently lift anything, and then the box was HUGE, so it would not fit in either of our small cars. My sister Karey was kind enough to assemble it for me and voila, here is my rocking chair, purchased with some birthday money. I now can rock Ava, just as I did Katrena, and enjoy those special 3 AM moments. For now the chair is in the girls already too crowded room, but when the crib goes up the chair will move to the living room, I am sure that will cause the next great chair battle. . .
In the meantime we will all take turns rocking Ava in the rocking chair...

5 comments:
What great pictures!! She still looks so small...I hope you are doing okay since your mom left...I'm sorry I've been wrapped up in my own little "first week of school" drama lately :). PS - I'm glad you won the great chair battle :).
She is so cute Kim! I'm glad you got your chair. You deserve it, not matter what the cost or size.
yippie for the rocking chair. i'm glad you won the battle. every mother needs one.
Yes - a rocking chair is a necessity. I can't wait to get one!
I agree that every mom needs and deserves a rocking chair, and I bet it won't be long till Brent appreciates it too.
Post a Comment