Warning:

If you know me you know I am a wordy person, I always have a story to tell and I want moments fully documented. I want my kids to look back and have all the details, you can think of this site as our family journal, or more importantly the momma diary.

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Facebook and old friends...

Okay, so I signed up for facebook about a year ago and never did anything more than sign up, never even looked at it again. Until January when I started to get requests to add people as friends that I had gone to High School with and I thought well I'll post some photos so that they can at least see my girls. And then I had the thought to look up some old friends. I am so glad that I did, this has allowed me to reconnect with 3 good friends that I have lost contact with throughout the years due to moving.

So although I believe that facebook can become an addictive obsession, I for when am so thankful to have been able to reconnect with Abby, Christina and Kristy. I had Abby's phone number but had no way of finding Christina and Kristy. I hadn't seen either of them since 2001 and I think it is such a tradgedy that we lose touch with people that change our lives.

So my goal is to reconnect and hopefully rebuild friendships that have been lost over the years. This is important to me. I have one friend impaticular that I lost touch with and she litterally changed my life. One of the scariest moments of mine and her life took place together (it was scarier for her) and looking back it is now a funny memory. She was one of those people that you just felt better being around. I have thought of her often over the years and wondered how she was doing and hoping she was well. She is. I think it is such a tradgedy to let these people go from our lives. I feel that it was my fault in almost every instance, I didn't make friends a priority in my life. I am sorry for that now. It is something I truly wish I could change. Can you rebuild those old friendships or has to much time passed and you can just be casual acquintances that send a christmas card. Or can you truly pick up where you left off- go to dinner at one of your old favorite restraunts and sit and talk for hours as though no time has passed.

What's you opinion?

Kim

There will be multiple posts still to come before this as I am still trying to get caught up. Basically, I am so far behind that I am completely overwhelmed; so bear with me and I will try to stay up to date now and continue to add the old stuff.

1 comment:

William, Josy & Arianna said...

Hey Kim,
I think you can rebuild those old friendships. Sometimes our lives going in other directions but you never forget to think about those people that you just felt better being around. When I go to Brazil I always make sure to see all my friends, we go to dinner and talk for hours and it is feel the same.