Art work by Mrs V.
Today was Jump Rope for Heart at Trena's school. It's always fun to go and support Katrena as well as a good cause. This is a fundraiser the school does for the American Heart Association. The kids go to the school on a Saturday morning for 2 hours, the first hour they just team jump, (more or less practice and play around on jump ropes). This year she was on a team with three other girls from her glass, which she really liked because last year she was with older girls she didn't know (who were very kind). After the first hour they do a jump rope contest, first all the girls went and the girl who could jump the longest won $20, then the boys went and the one who jumped the longest won $20. Last year Trena couldn't even jump the rope twice and was out right away. She has improved so much the last few weeks. She has practiced every day at school and every night at home, I think her record to date is 37 a great improvement. I am so proud of her and her hard work. After the contest they do a raffle for some great prizes (all proceeds from the raffle and snack bar also go to the American Heart Association). The school has raised over $230,000 in the last 23 years. If the school raises $10,000 a year the Heart Association gives back $2,000 to the PE department for new PE equipment, so its a win, win situation.
They started off the day with a little boy from the school named Nick saying who he was jumping for, he was jumping for his Mom who died from heart disease in October. This little boy could not have been older than 10. So sad. He actually one the very first raffle prize which was the stained glass art work above made by the PE teacher, which made one of the PE teachers cry and seemed very fitting. T had really wanted to win that art piece, and was happy that it had gone to him.
We had a lot of fun watching T jump and enjoying time with her and her friends as well as the fabulous Arizona weather, and as you will see below one of us had a little too much fun.
They started off the day with a little boy from the school named Nick saying who he was jumping for, he was jumping for his Mom who died from heart disease in October. This little boy could not have been older than 10. So sad. He actually one the very first raffle prize which was the stained glass art work above made by the PE teacher, which made one of the PE teachers cry and seemed very fitting. T had really wanted to win that art piece, and was happy that it had gone to him.
We had a lot of fun watching T jump and enjoying time with her and her friends as well as the fabulous Arizona weather, and as you will see below one of us had a little too much fun.
4 comments:
You're such a good mom. Maybe I will take Brighton over next year. We didn't make it yesterday but sounds like a fun time.
Oh my gosh, that picture of Ava smiling while watching her big sister is soooo ADORABLE! I love that hat. So cute! Trena is a beauty as always! It sounds like she goes to a pretty neat school. I don't really remember ever doing anything like that while I was in school. Way to go Trena!!! That's so neat.
I think McCall's class did that when she was in 2-3 grade. It wasn't as interesting as yours but the kids had fun. (The story of the little boy broke my heart. No child should lose thier mom so young.)
Ava is getting so big. (I think she looks like Brent. yes?)
I am so glad you are having fun with your girls.
:)
When I grow up I want to be a mom like you. ;)
I love how you surprise Katrena with visits and are so supportive of her! You two share such a sweet friendship.
Post a Comment