Warning:

If you know me you know I am a wordy person, I always have a story to tell and I want moments fully documented. I want my kids to look back and have all the details, you can think of this site as our family journal, or more importantly the momma diary.

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Welcome to California...

We left beautiful sunny Arizona where the flowers are still in bloom on the morning of December 7th to head to our new home in California.



We drove in rain the whole way to California and the roads got so bad at one point that I was ready to have a panic attack and I was trying to follow Brent the speed demon. I was not getting on the phone to call and tell him to slow down, and Katrena offered to call him, but I didn't want him on the phone either. Finally I said to Katrena that I didn't care if we lost him I knew how to get to our new home, so we took our time. We drove through rain and some snow, but this is what greeted us as we excited I15:


This rainbow was so beautiful, it was a full rainbow and completely draped over I 15.

The girls as we are exiting the freeway, so happy to be in California:




Next stop was our new home:
Where a Brother Womeldorf as well as two missionaries came to help us unlaod the pods in a blizzard and downpour:

It was P-day and this missionary sure means/ meant a lot to me:
This is my cousin Justin and he is serving his mission here in Apple Valley, we are seriously hoping to have them over for Christmas dinner.

My inlaws also we were here to help us move in and they were such a big help. My father in law with home repairs, and my mother in law with the kids and helping to put away. Brent's 88 year old Grandma came too.

Ava with Great Grandma Hansen:


Ava with Grandpa Art:




Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Carla said...

Glad you are there safe. Your new house looks cute and you'll get settled. Take your time and enjoy! Keep up the blog so we can watch you grow. Good luck at the new job!! Miss you all. :)

William, Josy & Arianna said...

I am glad you are safe. I don't like to drive in rain, and William always do that love to speed and try to get lost of me kkkkk... Well good luck in california I am sure you will miss Arizona but you will be okay. Take care
Josy

Aubree and/or Addy :) and sometimes Craig said...

I can't believe you're not in Arizona anymore! I hope you grow to love your new home in California.
Thanks for your comment...it does make it seem worth ANYTHING when your see your sweet baby face looking up at you. Are you homozygous MTHFR?
Good luck with everything!