Warning:

If you know me you know I am a wordy person, I always have a story to tell and I want moments fully documented. I want my kids to look back and have all the details, you can think of this site as our family journal, or more importantly the momma diary.

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Goodies I've made for baby, part one...

So preparing for this baby is sad, sad, sad. First off this is my last baby I should be making things like crazy and have the cutest decked out nursery: NEGATIVE!

One: This baby doesn't even have a nursery!

Two: He won't even be sharing with his sisters. Trena's too old too share and Ava's room literally has one wall to put any furniture on and there is NOT even a closet. So where will baby sleep you ask, mom and dad's room until we move, when he's almost two!!!

Three: I spent weeks 28-34 pretty much on bed rest.

Four: My history prevents any preparation from being done because we are terrified. So I sit here typing this with the knowledge that I have made purchases, the bare minimum of clothing, diapers, bottles, etc, but every single thing purchased still has its tag on it (even my stuff in the bag for the hospital) and the receipts are all together. The bassinet is set up, some decor has been made but is not put up. He doesn't have a dresser yet, Ava's dresser (file cabinet wall) is piled high with tubs of stuff for the baby. If this baby came home today this just sliced open mama would have a hard time finding anything!

Everything piled on Ava's "dresser"
All things clothes and burp cloths, bottles, bibs, and blankets, etc.
All things diapering:
Fun basket of goodies we just got from my aunt and uncle:

This is where his dresser WILL go:

bassinet and eventually the cribs corner w/ toy bucket and laundry basket as well as my packed bags:

Here is the inside of the bed with papers to be filed and no sheets:



So we are officially 8 days away from baby and this is what my house looks like, nice huh. Doesn't it look like baby is just days away!?

I honestly show this in humor, not for sympathy. This baby is SO wanted I don't know if anyone can fully comprehend the loss and longing we have felt in our hearts each time we have lost a baby. I just think its funny that a baby that is so wanted and has been longed for for so long that we are so totally unprepared for it. I'm sure that it is very similar for adoptive parents only they have a little more of an excuse than we do :)

The last few weeks I have been making things slowly but surely, I am down to 7 things I want done before baby gets here and about 5 that can wait until after.

The first thing I made was nursing covers, I made two. This is really funny because if you know me, you know that neither of my girls would latch. Trena was put on premie formula after 3 weeks of pumpking and with Ava I pumped until she was 3 months old and then called it good. I am VERY hopeful that he will be bigger and know what to do.

Second thing I made was a carseat cover and I LOVE this fabric! We also bought a new car seat as ours disappeared somewhere between Salt Lake, Phoenix and here.


I painted a basket for his future dresser:


Diaper case and wipes case for the diaper bag:



couple of blankets:



Burp cloths:

I also made a binky holder, but its getting snaps put on it by my friends hubby.

I also painted his name for the wall above his bed, but I will wait to show that when its up and when I am 100% convinced that it is REALLY his name. This mama just ain't feeling it!

So what's left on my list before baby; a couple of changing pad covers, a couple more blankets, a gown for the hospital and a mobile, and I'd like to paint his hand me down dresser. We actually bought a new dresser for Trena and he's going to have hers. Trena's new dresser is supposed to be in on the day he's born, see how on top of it we are :) we'll have to see if all these great projects actually get done.

And after awhile: sheets for his crib, crib skirt, quilt for crib, and make him a blessing afgan.

1 comment:

Eric and Darcy said...

Kim, don't worry about a thing! I couldn't do much before the boys and we were living with my in-laws when Elina was born so I couldn't do much then. It will all be ok! I know how you feel, but he's coming and you'll be so excited when he's here and can be apart of the decorating. And you'll be able to enjoy it NOT being pregnant. I'm so excited for you and can't wait to see pics of the little man!