Warning:

If you know me you know I am a wordy person, I always have a story to tell and I want moments fully documented. I want my kids to look back and have all the details, you can think of this site as our family journal, or more importantly the momma diary.

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Stitches, take 3, although this time its Ava (3/5/12)...

On March 5th while watching a movie, Ava was dancing around during one of the songs and tripped and fell and hit her head on our rock fire place. Ava immediately started crying and I ran to her to find what looked like smeared chocolate on her forehead as all the blood rushed to the site. As soon as I got her to the couch it split open and the blood came gushing out pooling in her ear and hair (amazingly none got on anything else). This all happened right as the garage door opened and dad pulled in from work, he of course confirmed stitches were needed and we loaded in the car and headed back to dad's work. When we got there they knew that we were coming because Brent had called ahead and they had all the paper work ready to go and took us right back, another PA at the urgent care attached to Brent's family practice office quickly stitched up our brave little girl, dad didn't want to hurt his little girl and passed the buck to someone else. She cried harder when they numbed her and the first poke, but then she did great and was a super trooper! In the van on the way to the clinic Katrena was crying harder than Ava, I have to admit I loved that she was so upset that her sister was hurt. It truly shows how much they love one another!

I didn't get any pics of the bloody injury as I was too busy being mom. So here she is with a bandaid over the fresh stitches, and the blood all cleaned up right after we got home.


She was of course given stickers for being a brave girl, I love that she stuck them on her legs and refused to take them off for days! I had to scrub them with rubbing alcohol to get all the adhesive off.

They said to keep the stitches in for 3-5 days and being on the face we wanted to try and prevent scaring so dad took them out after 3 days. This is what the stitches looked like without the bandaid right before dad removed the stitches.



Once the stitches were removed Dad put steri strips on to help it heal even better.

And here she is now after the steri strips have fallen off


1 comment:

Jenn said...

poor baby. hope she feels ok.