Warning:

If you know me you know I am a wordy person, I always have a story to tell and I want moments fully documented. I want my kids to look back and have all the details, you can think of this site as our family journal, or more importantly the momma diary.

Monday, March 31, 2008

"Who needs to go to the zoo, when there is one right in your face..." ~ Katrena

This is what Katrena had to say about our bird experience last Thursday. First off as many of you know the birds, quail, doves, and some that we have know idea what they are start entertaining us at 4 in the morning outside of our open windows. These birds go strong until dusk, you can always see them on the carport roof, or on the railings, running across the road or along the grass, and they make sounds that I have never heard birds make before. We also have wild bunnies that run around the apartments and two little friendly ducks that you will periodically see enjoying a puddle of water. At night as we are laying in bed you can hear coyotes outside howling not to far away. About a month ago I was going to do laundry and I heard a splash in the pool, now it was in the low 70's, warm yes, swim outside weather, not quite. So I had to look and see who was in the water. To my surprise it was our two friendly ducks, now you are probably guessing thats where the picture above comes from, but no, thats an even better story. Last Thursday as I was doing the dishes I had left the door open with the fan in the doorway to blow cool air in, trying to not turn on the AC in March, when all of a sudden I hear a rushing of feathers. I turned my head to see what was going on and there to my right sat a dove on the garbage can in my kitchen looking around, and then he went to the entertainment center to sit for awhile. Now just as I am thinking I have got to get this bird out of here, off it flew. Only to return a few minutes later and perch itself on the fan. I am watching this and thinking oh my gosh what am I going to do if that birds feathers get sucked in side. Just about that time I start to hear a click, click, click as the dove is now getting a pedicure curteous of my fan. Needles to say that scared him off, and I haven't seen him again.

Now for the picture above, later that same day as my friend and I are sitting by the pool watching the girls swim, to our dismay the two ducks come flying in and land in the pool with the girls. They were so scared the ducks were going to poop in the water, it was hilarious. I wish I could have gotten a picture of the look on the girls faces. It was priceless. Wish we could share the zoo with all of you.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: