On April 16th Ava and I were able to go to Katrena's school where she received the Reading Award. Five awards are given out per class they are scholar award, citizenship award, teachers choice, schools choice and the reading award. This is given to the person with the highest percentage of testing and most books read. This awesome little reader had moved up 3 levels in one month and was kicking butt on all of her tests, she totally earned this award.
When Katrena's name was called and Ava saw her walk to the front of the room Ava took off running full speed ahead for her sister and when I stopped her she burst into tears. It was the sweetest thing. All the time during the day she asks me where her sister is and I say school and she says "oh" and then "Daddy?" and I say "work" and she says "oh". She is so cute and sweet and loves her sister so much.
But this is Trena's post. I am truly proud of my little reader, I love to read and can only hope to instill this same love in my daughters and so far so good. Trena was not a big fan of reading only a year ago. It took her finding books she really enjoyed, first Junie B. Jones, Bailey School Kids, Ramona books, Fudge books. She is so funny whenever we go anywhere she has to take a book with her in the car.
By the way it was crazy hat day

No comments:
Post a Comment