Saturday was a busy day. We had our first Primary activity since I was put in the presidency in March. We did a belated Easter activity. We played games, made bunny Easter baskets and decorated sugar cookies, and then we had an Easter egg hunt. The plus to doing this after Easter, we got the candy, the eggs and little prizes on clearance.
Here are the kids that came with their Easter baskets.

All of the Primary kids including Nursery were invited, but because it was supposed to be outside of the church, and I was in charge, and I didn't want to make Katrena watch her the whole time I made Ava stay home with Dad. She didn't mind because she didn't know what she was missing out on, but I did and sure missed her. And to top it off it was so windy (its always windy here) that we ended up doing everything but the hunt inside so she could have come.
We brought Ava home some of the candy and some bracelets as well as some unfrosted sugar cookies.
Here is Ava decorating her sugar cookies, with a little help from Dad.
Here are the kids that came with their Easter baskets.
All of the Primary kids including Nursery were invited, but because it was supposed to be outside of the church, and I was in charge, and I didn't want to make Katrena watch her the whole time I made Ava stay home with Dad. She didn't mind because she didn't know what she was missing out on, but I did and sure missed her. And to top it off it was so windy (its always windy here) that we ended up doing everything but the hunt inside so she could have come.
We brought Ava home some of the candy and some bracelets as well as some unfrosted sugar cookies.
Here is Ava decorating her sugar cookies, with a little help from Dad.
After sugar cookies and a nap, it was time to plant our garden. We planted lots of yummy vegetables and some strawberries. We can't wait to see how our first attempt at a garden turns out. While we planted, Ava ate dirt. And while most kids would spit out the dirt, Ava went back for more and more, so I finally took her in and put her in the bath. (She also LOVES to chew ice, we are beginning to wonder if she is iron deficient.)
And we planted some pretty pansies in our flower bed in front. It brightens the place up and Ava and Katrena love to help water the garden and flowers.

No comments:
Post a Comment