Warning:

If you know me you know I am a wordy person, I always have a story to tell and I want moments fully documented. I want my kids to look back and have all the details, you can think of this site as our family journal, or more importantly the momma diary.

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Storytime- "There is an Alligator under my bed" (6/24/2010)

This week at story time we made a super cute alligator and read the book "There is an alligator under my bed." Story time is growing on me, all I can say is thank goodness for the craft activity because if it was based on the singing part, we wouldn't go back.

This last week during story time the leader did her usual what should we sing, and kids screamed out different songs, very unorganized. It was decided on singing Old McDonald, one of A's favorites. The leader then said ok lets have 3 animals, and A who is sitting beside me says duck. Well she can't be heard over all the kids screaming and yelling and all up in the ladies face. I tell her if she raises her hand the lady will call on her. Wrong. The lady never even looked our way, even though I kept saying, and not in a whisper, you are being so polite Ava thanks for keeping your hand raised she will call on you in a minute. We ended up singing about a sheep, a crocodile and a monkey. Ava looked at me like we had lost our minds. Now I know that my child will not be called on every time, but I do think that good behavior and polite children should be rewarded. Ok I am stepping down from my soap box now.

In the end, Ava was happy and thoroughly enjoyed herself and that is all that matters.

Coloring her alligator



With her alligator


After words we went in and she was able to spin the wheel to win a prize for having read 5 books, she won a beach ball, which made her even happier. So all in all it was happy times and a happy day!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: