Father's Day was a little different this year, Brent's cousins had come up the day before so that they could all go to the Dream Theater/Iron Maiden concert and they didn't get home until really late. On Father's Day morning we were all up by 8 and I made all the guys and Kelly's son Matt, waffles. So no breakfast in bed. They were on the road by 9:30 and we were lazy for a little bit, Ava gave her dad a book they could read together and Trena had made him a card and truffles before she left for Utah. As for my gift we discussed it before hand and decided that the concert and then another concert in August to see Rush would be his Father's Day presents this year.
We then got ready for church, went to church where all the dad's were given cookies and Ava made him another card. When we came home we called our dad's and we all had a lazy afternoon. It was then time for dinner and I made Brent his requested dinner of salmon on the grill, corn on the cob, and rice. We then had Armaretto cheesecake for dessert.
Although it wasn't that exciting of a day, I hope that Brent had a nice relaxing day and that he knows how much he is loved. We are so thankful for him and for all that he does for each of us each and every day. I am so thankful that he works hard and allows me the luxury of being able to stay home with the girls. We are truly grateful to have Brent in our lives.
Babe I love you, the girls love you. Thank you for taking care of us and being there for us.
Reading their new story

Before church
We then got ready for church, went to church where all the dad's were given cookies and Ava made him another card. When we came home we called our dad's and we all had a lazy afternoon. It was then time for dinner and I made Brent his requested dinner of salmon on the grill, corn on the cob, and rice. We then had Armaretto cheesecake for dessert.
Although it wasn't that exciting of a day, I hope that Brent had a nice relaxing day and that he knows how much he is loved. We are so thankful for him and for all that he does for each of us each and every day. I am so thankful that he works hard and allows me the luxury of being able to stay home with the girls. We are truly grateful to have Brent in our lives.
Babe I love you, the girls love you. Thank you for taking care of us and being there for us.
Reading their new story
Before church

No comments:
Post a Comment