Warning:

If you know me you know I am a wordy person, I always have a story to tell and I want moments fully documented. I want my kids to look back and have all the details, you can think of this site as our family journal, or more importantly the momma diary.

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Stinky!!! (July 31, 2011)

About a month ago Brent and I had just finished watching a movie when we started hearing a scratching sound, we both sat there staring each other down trying to determine if the other was making the noise. We determined that it was not and that it was definitely coming from the attic.

The following day I called our rental company and they said they would not do anything about it, we would need to call animal control. After hearing the creature off and on over the weekend and deciding it was probably a raccoon or an opossum I called animal control they said we could come and pick up a cat trap and place it in our attic, but they would not do it for us and if we caught something to contact them and they would come and retrieve it.

On Tuesday Brent picked up the trap on his way home from work we set it and placed it at one of the two attic openings we put peanut butter and left over birthday cake in there. Two days later, still no go and now we just had ants in our attic.

We fixed new plates of food and moved it to the other opening, this was a bad location and although we could hear it in the attic, it didn't bite. Brent decided to just take the trap down and not worry about it, we were getting ready to leave on vacation and would need to return the trap. This was friday night.

On Sunday Brent and Ava were in the backyard and Brent saw a squirrel on the roof and wondered if that was what was making all the noise and new that they could easily climb the tree on the side of the house, so he decides to set the trap at the base of the tree the creature must be climbing, this time we had a variety of nuts and a peanut butter sandwich.

About midnight Brent went out to check the trap, he came back in very wide eyed and what had we caught you might ask, a skunk, yes a stinky stinky skunk!

The next morning I called animal control, when they came out and realized it was a skunk in a cat trap, they told me they wouldn't take it they would just set it free. I explained that the reason we trapped the skunk is because it was nesting in our attic, the lady said that changed things and that she would take it and set it free in the wild.

As soon as she went near the skunk it started spraying, and didn't stop spraying the whole way to the truck. My yard stunk and even though we weren't directly sprayed Ava and I stunk too.

So here is our skunk friend being carried away with his tail high in the air.


Posted by Picasa

No comments: