Warning:

If you know me you know I am a wordy person, I always have a story to tell and I want moments fully documented. I want my kids to look back and have all the details, you can think of this site as our family journal, or more importantly the momma diary.

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Vacation Day 6, August 7th: Virginia, Maymont Park and goodbyes

The first thing we did on Sunday morning was drive by my house in Mechanicsville from when I was a little girl.

Next we went to my Grammy Ann's brother, my uncle Eldon's, home. Ava enjoyed telling his dog Little Bit what to do, I love the dog's name especially because this is one of Ava's nicknames.

My Uncle Eldon and Aunt Frieda

Next we went to Maymont Park and the first stop was the petting zoo, where we fed the goats.

Tracey helping Ava to feed the goats.

Dillyn

Trena

Kennedy, Kennedy was adorable! She would feed the goats and then cackle with laughter.

After feeding the goats Brent and I took the girls on about a 1.5 mile hike/walk to see other animals, fox, deer, elk, bears, eagles and other birds.















Then we went up to the Maymont mansion and took a tour of the beautiful home from the late 1800's.

loooved seeing the old carriage stoop, can't you just imagine women in their beautiful gowns being helped in and out of their carriages.





There were no photos inside and somehow I forgot to take one of the actual house. Duh!

Next it was time for our goodbyes:

My Dad and I

Ava giving great grandma big hugs




The woods behind my grandma's
(Is this the trendiest you've ever seen my husband look or what?)

These photos with my grandma are truly treasures.

I love seeing my grandma holding Ava

My Uncle Clyde and his wife Frances



I am so glad that I got to spend this time with my family. My grandma and I had a good long cry holding each other and poor little Dillyn just sobbed and sobbed to see my girls leave it was truly heartbreaking.


Next up was our drive to Maryland.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: