One of my greatest memories as a kid was going to Kings Dominion. As a kid my mom and I had season tickets for a couple of summers and it was our special time together. After we moved to Utah when we would come back to visit we tried to make a visit here at least every other visit. Thinking back though the last time I remember going was when I was 13 which means my younger sister never got to go, kay was only 2 and Ty 5. Boy they missed out.
Anyways I still think its one of the greatest amusement parks out there. It has changed owners over the years though, now its owned by the same company that owns Knotts Berry Farm. When I was a kid instead of snoopy, the theme was based on Yogi Bear. Yogi's face was found in the flowers out front and they had the coolest log flume ride that was the Smurfs. The smurf theme song was playing the whole way through it was adorable, so I was a little sad to not share this and Yogi's cave with my kids but it was still awesome to be with Brent and the girls the first time they were there.
Dillyn and Ava with Snoopy
Riding cars
Tracey and Ava, and Trena and Dillyn, Ava's first roller coaster!
The scrambler! Ava actually got to ride this one too and she was so excited, and she wanted to go again and again. I can't believe Ava is old enough to ride this and the log flume, she loved being able to go on the big rides and cried that she wasn't big enough to go on more.
I love this old cruiser that's like the magic carpet ride at Lagoon.
Old timer cars, Ava is behind Trena, Trena was excited to drive.
At the top of the Eiffel Tower its a replica that is 1/3 the size of the original.
The View from the Eiffel Tower.
The Eiffel Tower at night as we were leaving
After the park we went to Anthony's Italian Restaurant in Ashland, my Aunt Myanna met us there with Kennedy. Tracey decided to leave Kennedy at home so that it was a more peaceful day.
As a kid my mom bought all of us matching shirts when we went to Kings Dominion so I decided to do the same for the girls for our fun day.
I realized that I never got a picture of Brent and very few of Trena as they were off on the big rides most of the time.


No comments:
Post a Comment