Warning:

If you know me you know I am a wordy person, I always have a story to tell and I want moments fully documented. I want my kids to look back and have all the details, you can think of this site as our family journal, or more importantly the momma diary.

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Vacation day 4, August 5th, part 1, NC

Friday morning we got up and had some snuggle tv time with Grandma




We then loaded up Grammy Ann's van and went to Bojangles for a cheddar bo biscuit, have you had one? No, you are missing out, YUMMY! And its tradition.

Then we were off to Virginia, but we were going to make a few stops not to far from Grandma's so she drove separately and then she was going to head back home.

1st stop Sof-t-shop!

As a kid when I lived in Virginia I would drive to North Carolina with my Grandma to visit her mom and siblings quite often and even when I was older and she moved to NC and she would take me to VA to visit family when I came to visit, we ALWAYS stopped here, in Newton Grove, for ice cream. I can remember how my Papa always made sure we stopped to, it doesn't matter that I'm cough, 33, cough, it still means a lot to me. This is a tradition I want to share with my kids. The only downside with this stop is that we'd just eaten 30 minutes before and they had just opened so the ice cream was super soft and melting fast, so we ate in record time.






We then continued on to Smithfield to the Carolina Pottery store, I LOVE this store! I always find a ton of things to buy. This trip I didn't buy anything though because everything I wanted was to big to get home in my carry on bag : (

We then kissed Grandma goodbye and we were on our way to Virginia to see some more family!!!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: