Warning:

If you know me you know I am a wordy person, I always have a story to tell and I want moments fully documented. I want my kids to look back and have all the details, you can think of this site as our family journal, or more importantly the momma diary.

Monday, September 22, 2008

Arizona Science Museum

Here is my great attempt to get caught up on blogging...

First off the awesome Science Museum, we went on Sat the 6th of September. The first weekend of the month you can get in free if you have a Bank of America credit card, Brent and I both have one so we only had to pay for Katrena, Score!

The first area is all about building a home, you see the foundation and then the boards, you can see the pipes running through the walls. The kids also get to see how electricity and plumbing work, and they can even overload the breaker, and create a floor plan.

After that we headed out into the hall where there are a few little things, I couldn't tell you what because at that point Ava started screaming, I picked her up and some man came over to talk to me about our little one. As I am standing there talking to him I feel something wet on my foot, I look down thinking she had spit up, nothing, then I feel something wet on my hand, again nothing. After about 5 minutes the man leaves and I take a good look at my daughter who is covered in poop, green poop, and so is mommy.

So off to the bathroom we go, to change Ava and wash both of us down. Think goodness for Family bathrooms as we were taking so long Brent and Trena had to come find us. Ava then decided she was hungry so we camped out on the couch for awhile and fed Ava. Things take so much longer now. So here is Ava screaming in the Bathroom...


Next we went to the area about the human body. By far one of the coolest exhibits I have ever seen. Not only was it informative but super fun as well. You could actually see someone performing heart surgery on a video being reflected onto the chest of a manaquin. They were things you could do to see how flexible you are, and they even had a giant nose you through balls into and it would eventually sneeze them at you. You could put your hand in some water and see how an ultrasound works in the pregnancy area. And Katrena and Dad even participated in a wheelchair race.

There was a small little music room, where you learned how sounds are made. (It was also at this point that Ava through up all over herself, not a good baby outing day!)

The next area you learned all about nature. You even experienced the elements of nature for your self. They play this awesome video and you get up on the platform and when they talk about fire, you feel the heat. With the tornado you feel the intense wind. With Hurricanes and Monsoons you actually got wet, and the earthquake made the ground shake. It was totally awesome, it actually made Trena a little nervous and she was grabbing her Dad's leg. Brent was trying to shield Ava, while I was trying to shield the camera.

Fun photo of Dad and Ava


The next section was the room on technology, there was a guy doing morris code. And this awesome screen that you could dance behind. There was even a computer that the kids could play on. The highlight though was below, this machine, camera, took your photo and then you could distort your imagine. So here are our distorted girls.


On the 3rd floor there was some more random stuff, but we had to hurry through because they were closing.

Here is the last photo of the day- Me with my girls.


We had such an awesome time and will definitely go back again!

3 comments:

Carla said...

How fun is that? (Poop and all) HA!! I can't wait to hold her and I wish I was there to help you too. ;) I love places like that. It is so nice to get out and interact with eachother.

Keep the blog going.
Best of luck...
:)Carla

The Higgins Family said...

We love that place. Our favorite was the weather exibit. I was surprised that it even rained a bit! Babies certainly keep things "exciting". Sounds like it was a worthwhile family memory-making, despite. :)

*Ashley* said...

How fun! I remember those fun outings with random pooping and spitting up all over the place by a new born. I actually miss that. You look so good for just having a baby two months ago! You guys radiate happiness. I'm so excited for your family.