I usually love Christmas Eve, but for some reason this year didn't feel all that Christmasey.
We spent the better part of the day baking and preparing food for Christmas day so that all I had to do on Christmas was stick the food in the oven. Now that was perfect.
Brent was able to get off work at lunch time and well he decided napping was what Christmas Eve was for, but at least Ava took a good nap with him.
Then Katrena and I went on a mommy daughter date to see The Princess and the Frog. LOVED IT!!! However, I could see how it might scare a younger child a little. Definitely a buyer when it comes out on DVD.
When we got back home we quickly made some soup and then we started our Christmas Eve traditions, first we took pictures under the Christmas tree and then made cookies for Santa, we played a game together and then read our traditional stories. Every year we have a stack of Christmas stories we read throughout the month of December, but we always save The Polar Express and Twas the Night Before Christmas until Christmas Eve. We also always make sure we read Luke chapter 2, this way we make sure that the real meaning of Christmas is brought home.

No comments:
Post a Comment