After 5 weeks of no school it was back to the grind this morning. Although we have enjoyed sleeping in greatly, it is good to be back to some kind of normalcy.
I find that as a mother, wife, professional errand runner and driver it is much easier to be productive when I start my day at 6:30 rather than 9!
I took Katrena to school so that we could find out the morning routine and where she needed to go, her teacher is extremely nice and there are only 6 other girls in her class and 13 boys.
The first thing she said when she got in the car after school was that she hated her school. I asked why and she said that she only made one friend, Diane, and that another girl was accusing her of trying to steal her boyfriend, my heck they are only in the 3rd grade! Later the verdict was that she likes the school, the teachers, librarian, office staff and cafeteria workers, she only didn't like the one girl and her boyfriend who were calling her names. Which opened up the discussion about jealousy and insecurity leading to being mean to other kids.
So I then asked her if the school she is supposed to go to calls this week does she want to transfer over or wait till the next school year and she said wait, so it couldn't have been too bad, we'll see how the rest of the week goes.

No comments:
Post a Comment