Warning:

If you know me you know I am a wordy person, I always have a story to tell and I want moments fully documented. I want my kids to look back and have all the details, you can think of this site as our family journal, or more importantly the momma diary.

Monday, January 25, 2010

Katrena's friend party, January 22nd

Katrena has gotten jipped on Birthday parties with friends the last few years, in 2008 we moved two weeks before from UT to AZ so she knew no one. In 2009 her one close friend had moved away, she had never had anyone over from school and none of the girls in the ward were her age. So we invited one friend from school to go do a fun activity and she couldn't. So I wasn't going to let that happen again. Although we just moved to CA 5 weeks ago I was determined to let her have a party and get to know some of the girls a little better. She invited 2 girls from our new ward Kristin (who she's had a couple of play dates with already) and Charity who she just really seemed to hit it off with. And then I told her she could either invite one more girl from the ward (mom's choice) or her new little best friend from school, Deann. She insisted that she invite Deann. I told her that Deann probably would not be able to come, because lets face it I've never met her mother, and if the situation was reversed my daughter wouldn't be going. But low and behold she came.

Katrena was in heaven all night long. She loved having friends over and just being able to be silly. They ate pizza and played tag, hide n go seek, they played dance, dance revolution, they played with Ava.

We played a crazy nail polish game, and we all had very funky hands afterwards. We even painted Ava's toes, she was so cute she would look at our hands and then point to her toes. she thought it was so cool that she had orange toes.



We had left over cake from her actual birthday, so she blew out candles on a small thing of brownies. They all decided that they wanted half a brownie, and half a slice of cake. They all loved the cake and had know idea there was zucchini in it.



Eating cake and ice cream, the girls didn't like spumoni ice cream. Crazy.

Charity, Deann, Katrena and Kristin




Opening presents



Finally around 11:30 I told them it was time to settle down and put a movie on or go to sleep, I hinted strongly that they go to sleep. 30 minutes later the 3 friends are asleep and Ava has decided to wake up and stay up till 4! At 12:30 I went in and told Trena to turn off the movie it was time for bed, she would have easily stayed up all night. (On a side note Trena was not moody the next day and never did take a nap, I on the other hand took a 3 hour nap and Ava took a 4 hour nap).

The next morning the girls got up at 8, so so did mom. I asked the girls what they wanted for breakfast and the vote was cereal and cinnamon rolls, so they had cereal and cinnamon rolls.

After breakfast we headed out back for the piniata. Trena has wanted a piniata for years at her birthday party, but lets face it January in Utah is not the time for a piniata. So this was the year.


When the piniata had busted and all the candy had been gathered, they destroyed that poor thing. Even Dad got in on the action, he thoroughly enjoyed bashing in Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus' face!


And then the fun was over and everyone headed home and Katrena and I started cleaning.

Thanks for coming girls and thanks for the presents. Katrena had a blast and was so glad that you could all come.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Eric and Darcy said...

Hey! I found your blog awhile ago when you posted it on facebook. I'm so glad you keep one! I added yours to my stalking list. We are really missing you at Bible study.

Looks like Katrena had a great birthday. Happy late birthday!!!

~Darcy