While I was home (in Utah) I got to catch up with some old friends. First on Saturday March 27th, I spent about 8 hours catching up with these lovely ladies. We met at my parents and sat and talked for about 2 hours and then we went to dinner at Red Robin where we sat and talked for about 2 hours, then we went to Dairy Queen where we sat and talked for another couple of hours. And then we went back to my parents where we talked for a couple more hours, it was FABULOUS! I miss these gals.
I met Kate when I was only 6 years old (can you believe we've been friends 25 years), she was one of the first friends I made upon moving to Utah, her mom was my babysitter. Its crazy but I can still close my eyes and smell her home in the morning. I had french toast for the first time at her house. I remember sleep overs and spying on her brothers. I remember walking to school together and the day we were walking home and the scary old lady yelled at us and threatened to call the cops on her brother for kicking a bottle.
Miriam and I became friends next, we met in 4th grade I believe, we were in Mrs Layton's class together. We quickly became friends and were excited to learn that we only lived 5 houses a part, we were in different wards and that was why we didn't know one another. Miriam and I were often in the same class at school because we were on the same track and in the same grade so we had lots of classroom memories. I remember playing barbies and how cool I thought it was that miriam had the head of her bed in her closet.
One summer Miriam went to England with her Mom and left me alone, I can't remember if this was the summer after 5th or 6th grade, I am pretty sure it was 6th anyways she introduced me to her friend Heather so that we would have each other to play with. Heather was a year younger than us but lived next door to Miriam, we instantly connected and became the best of friends. She became my side kick, we ewere always together. We used to have a sleep over together every weekend. We would get so silly and crazy we could not stop laughing. I used to love it when her parents would put up the camper in the backyard and we would sleep in it., and her dad would always tease me about non-existant boyfriends. She became my best friend in the world. We even had our first babies one week a part!
I am so thankful for these lovely ladies and for the friendships we've shared throughout our lives they are truly the greatest and although we don't talk often and I live in a completely different state, I love that we can get together and talk for 8 hours like no time has lapsed at all.
So here we are: Heather, me, Miriam and Kate. Sadly I am the only one not pregnant in this photo. Kate was 3 weeks from her due date (she had him today) with baby number 3, Miriam was pregnant but didn't know it quite yet with baby number 2, and Heather was 7 months pregnant (with her second girl) and its baby number 4.
On Tuesday night the 30th, I was able to catch up with another dear friend Angie. Angie came into my life during a very difficult time, we prayed for each other and it was like finding a sister. Her best friend Amber had gone to another country to teach English, and I was going through a divorce and all my friends were married and I was so lonely. She became my go to girl, we met during a computer class at SLCC and just connected one day while we were waiting for class to start. We started hanging out every weekend and my Trena girl loved her as much as I did. We watched chick flicks, went out for ice cream and she introduced me to Cafe Rio. My sisters, brother and parents all adore her too. I am so thankful that she came into my life and that I was able to catch up with her if only for a few hours, we were able to visit and she ate pizza with my family, they were as excited to see her as I was. However, I did have one very disappointed 9 year old that she wasn't able to see her too.
Angie and I

No comments:
Post a Comment