Somehow we managed to pick up my mom on Tuesday the 16th and left for Utah on Friday the 19th, and arriving there on Saturday and did not take one single photo on my camera... I am really not sure how this happened, so I will have to get photos from mom.We had a whirl wind few days getting ready for our 2 week trip and also mom had never seen our house or city, so we trying to get all the sights in and feed her good things. We loved watching movies and snuggling with Grandma, having grandma help with homework. The best part was having grandma 100% to our selves and not having to share her with the rest of the world.
My mom drove up north with me and the girls so I would not have to drive alone; because daddy had to stay home and work :(
I have to say that was the funnest car trip of my life, it flew by. The girls were so good, my mom and I just talked and talked and we sang and acted silly. We stopped in Cedar and ate at one of my favorite restaurants from when I lived there. We also took Trena around and showed her where I lived when I was first married, pregnant with her, and the house she came home from the hospital too. I also showed her where her dad worked and where we lived when we met. Then the hunt was on to find the hospital she was born at. I knew that it had not been used as a hospital since shortly after we moved and that it was tucked away in a neighborhood and it was dark but we persevered and we found it! Katrena loved the walk down memory lane, I had planned to take a picture of her at each of the places, but it was so dark we decided to bag it.
Here is cheesy so happy to be out of the car, but not so happy to see all the strangers that quickly surrounded her.
When we arrived at my parents house there was my dad, and both sisters as well as my grandma and her sister Alice. We all then went to lunch at Famous Dave's where we met up with my Grandma and Grandpa Watts, my dads brother Wade, his wife Traci and two of their kids Megan and Preston, my brother in law Taylor, my brother Tyler and his wife Joy as well as my sisters BFF Chelsea. What a FUN lunch we had. We really only had T that day and wanted to make sure she got to see all of her family.
Katrena and Megan
Taylor, Katrena, and Kayleigh
The cousins: Katrena, Megan, Ava, and Preston, and of course myself. Traci and I both had the same sad thought while looking at this photo, Ava and Preston are only 4 months apart. And that is the same distance Megan and Braxton would have been. Oh how much fun the four of them would have had together.
Cute little line backer Preston
Great Grandma and Grandpa Watts with Katrena, when T was little she'd call my grandpa the grandpa with the mus mache and move her finger back and forth under her nose.
Wade, Traci and their kids with Katrena, only their son Tyler is missing
We had such a fabulous time visiting with all of our family and then we jumped in the car and headed over to Grandma and Grandpa North's house and mom forgot the camera. But waiting for us their was Grandma and Grandpa of course and Great Grandma Hansen, Brent's sister Shelly, her husband Chezlyn, and 2 of their kids Shayla and Kyndra. We stayed for about 3 hours and the girls loved playing together. Shayla and Trena are about 9 months a part and love to be together. Kyndra just turned 4, and is beginning to really play along with them. She has the sweetest little bashful personality where Shayla is so much more outgoing. Katrena is always so sad when we go to Utah and she doesn't have enough time to have a sleepover with her cousin at Grandma's.

No comments:
Post a Comment