While we were in Utah for Christmas we took the opportunity to have Ava blessed. All of our family that would want to attend live in Utah except Brent's brother and his family and they would be there for Christmas as well, so it was perfect. Our little girl looked beautiful and it was so wonderful to have so many friends and family there. She was blessed in the ward that I grew up in and that Brent's family moved into during his late elementary years. Both of our parents still live in the ward and we did too after we were married until the time we moved to Arizona.
Ava was blessed by her Daddy and it was a beautiful blessing. I have to say that my favorite part was when he blessed her with much love. Some of the other things she was blessed with were a desire to learn and to be teachable. That she would have and find joy in having children. That she would find a good husband. Be a friend to others and have a desire to help others. That she would be blessed to know of her Heavenly Fathers and her parents love for her. He also blessed that her caretakers and those that would be influential in raising her would know how to teach and raise her. It was a beautiful blessing.
After Sacrament meeting was over my in-laws had everyone come to their home where we had punch, yummy desserts, salads, fruit,veggies and mini sandwiches on rolls. Thanks so much for having everyone over I know it was a house full.
Here is our beautiful little girl on her special day:
After Sacrament meeting was over my in-laws had everyone come to their home where we had punch, yummy desserts, salads, fruit,veggies and mini sandwiches on rolls. Thanks so much for having everyone over I know it was a house full.
Here is our beautiful little girl on her special day:
Our Family
Ava with Grandma and Grandpa North
Ava with Grandma and Grandpa Watts
I have made both of my girls afgans for their blessings. They look completely different from one another. I asked Katrena if I should make Ava's just like hers and she said no, that they needed to be different. Katrena's was a little more feminine, but I am pleased with both of them. Katrena's had hearts and Ava's has scalloped edges. So here is Ava with her afgan, that I finished an hour and a half before the blessing. It's not like I didn't have almost 14 months to get it done or anything.
5 comments:
Beautiful dress, it looks like it turned out wonderful. I know I am making an afgan for the next one and even though I feel like I have a lot of time, I really don't think I will be finished in time. That's just how it goes. Yours turned out cute!
Congratulation for you guys, she is so cute! Kim you have a beautiful family and how beautiful dress.Take care
Love,
Josy
Another thing that I missed. :( Ave looks so cute and so happy. I am glad that everything went well.
You are so crafty with your blankets. Please let me know when you are coming into town again so I can see all of you.
:)Carla
That picture of Ava is so cute and beautiful, I love it! I'm so happy for you. It was so fun to see you last week and I hope it's not long till we can see each other again.
Ava is so beautiful, I love her big smile! Those afgans you made are very cute. I wish I could do something that crafty!
I need to see her in person! She is just too sweet.
Post a Comment