Warning:

If you know me you know I am a wordy person, I always have a story to tell and I want moments fully documented. I want my kids to look back and have all the details, you can think of this site as our family journal, or more importantly the momma diary.

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter 4/12/09

We had a rushed Easter morning, we all slept until 8. So we quickly looked at our Easter baskets and got ready. Ava had a rough night and was up for about 3 hours in the middle of the night, luckily after the first hour Brent took over and I went back to sleep. After church we arrived home to the ducks outside our apartment, we didn't take any photos but Brent ran upstairs and found some old bread and we took a moment to feed the ducks. After this we walked over by the club house and took a ton of Easter photos (post to follow).

Here are some Easter morning photos:
Easter baskets: Trena, Karey, and Ava. Brent's is the boring one in front.

Katrena with her Easter goodies

Ava with her Easter goodies

Girls and aunt Karey.

Trying to convince Dad to get up and get ready for church

No Photos but we had a yummy but simple Easter dinner. With there only being the four of us and Trena doesn't eat much I didn't want to over do it and eat leftovers for a week. As it was we had left overs 3 nights. We had a Ham that I cooked in the crock pot with pineapple and apricot preserves, and a little brown sugar. It turned out pretty good and was pretty healthy. We also had funeral potatoes, they just go with ham to me; however I did make them with fat free cheese and fat free sour cream to make them slightly healthier and you couldn't taste a difference. For our vegetable we had broccoli and cauliflower, and for dessert chocolate pie in a grahm cracker crust (also made low fat). I think we did okay for our first Holiday dinner with out going to our parents or grandparents house.

-----------------

That night after dinner we had an Easter Egg Hunt, Brent went over to the college and hid the eggs around campus. The girls, including Karey, then hunted for eggs. We had a lot of fun, and I loved that Brent took the time to make it fun. The first egg we couldn't find forever, he hid it on top of the covered parking at the apartments. Trena got it down by climbing on Karey's shoulders. The other eggs were hidden in the pavilion, by one of the classroom buildings, in front of the library, and by the water out front.

Here are some photos from the Easter egg hunt:
Ava found the first egg of the hunt


Katrena finding an egg

Karey and Trena racing to find an egg, Karey obviously won

Sadly, I didn't get Trena on Karey's shoulders, but she obviously needed help reaching the egg up there.

-------------
Katrena got a bird house in her Easter basket (or by it). Her and Karey painted it white and put pok-a-dots on half of the roof, then Trena took over painting the rest. Brent says it will attract hippie birds.

Here are some bird house photos:

Painting the bird house white

Love the intense concentration here

The finished project side view

We kind of spaced decorating Easter eggs, even though I had bought everything to do it. Oh well, next year maybe my brain will be a little more intact.

We had a wonderful Easter holiday together as a family and again we were so glad aunt Karey was here to share it with us. We are already looking forward to next years fun!

I just had to end on this note. My daughter is one unique creature, it is Easter sunday, she is wearing Halloween socks and she watched a Christmas movie today. Gotta love her!!!

3 comments:

Kim said...

WOW Kim! You are such a busy mom. I love all of the pictures of your girls. I can't believe your baby has grown so FAST! Glad you had such a FUN Easter!

The Higgins Family said...

I love how grinny Ava is now! She seems to enjoy everything you do. :) You have darling girls! That Easter dress picture is SO frameable!

*Ashley* said...

Ha ha ha, Hippie birds! Where does he come up with this stuff? I love your girls. They are so sweet, inside and out. Ava looks like such a happy little baby, she's all smiles!

I am so glad you had a great Easter and you are able to make the most of holidays away from the rest of your family. I am not sure I could do the same.

Oh, and is there any way I could get some of the recipes that you have? You always seem to make such yummy healthy meals! I am in a bit of a rut. Help, please!