Warning:

If you know me you know I am a wordy person, I always have a story to tell and I want moments fully documented. I want my kids to look back and have all the details, you can think of this site as our family journal, or more importantly the momma diary.

Friday, April 24, 2009

Ava Lulu is 9 months old!


Ava once again ripped a part the paper and then proceeded to cover herself up. You'd think she thought she was at OB's or something, or is extremely modest!

4/24/09

Ava's 9 Months Stats:
Weight: 18 lbs, 3 oz (25th to 50th percentile)
Height: 28.25 inches (75th to 90th percentile)

No, that is not her name, but for some reason that is what both Brent and I call her. I love it, and I would have never thought that I liked the name Lulu. We still love her middle name, classy and beautiful Angeline, named after her Grandma Joyce, but we think this is a cute nickname. Ava also guys by Avie, Avers, love bug, lil' sis, and little bit (same as her sister), just to name a few nicknames.

I am constantly amazed at how fast our little one is growing up. It seems like it was only a couple of months ago that the nurse was holding her little face up to mine in the operating room so that I could get a look at her before they took her away. I remember thinking how beautiful she was and asking Brent if he was taking pictures, no fear he took a ton.

Its been fun to watch the way she has changed over the months. She is spoiled and is still rocked to sleep every night. I did the same thing with Katrena, I don't think it hurts them any. She went through a period of time were she would put her fingers in her mouth to soothe herself back to sleep, now she finds her binky. She used to wake up crying and hungry and now she wakes up talking and playing. It used to be that when we would go in her room to get her she would raise her head really high and you would see her little eyes over the bumper pad, she looked like a little crockodile. She would then start bouncing her head up and down very excitedly. Now when we go in to get her she is sitting up. She still takes a nice long 3 hour nap everyday (well almost every day, there are days when she will barely nap at all). When she is tired she scratches behind her right ear, and rubs her eyes. And as she is falling asleep she plays with the hair on her head. She loves to be sung to and to not only be read too, but to look at books on her own. She still isn't crawling but does what we or I call the Sidewinder to get around. She will be sitting up, lays on her stomach, and then twists herself up to a sitting position, she does this over and over until she gets where she wants to go. She can make it all the way around the living room.

We are so very thankful for the joy she brings to our family every day.

Some of Ava's 9 month milestones are:
3/25- 3rd tooth, upper right
3/29- scoots on her butt
4/4- successfully puts cheerios in her mouth.
4/5- started crying when I left the room
4/8- started showing signs of stranger awareness.
4/10- able to sit up on her own from a laying down position.
4/15- cut 4th tooth, upper left.
4/17- pulls things overhead, example: shirt, bib
4/17- got on her hands and knees on her own.
4/23- pulled herself to a standing position. (and I actually had the camera right beside me!)

My first sucker, I am not so sure about this


ok, maybe its not so bad



Just for cuteness

First time falling asleep in her high chair


Trying to figure out how to get the balls out of there


Crocodile Eyes


With mom on Easter


Cute little hiker


Almost ready to stand, but not quite there


I stood up and everyone was freaking out, I am not really sure what all the excitement is about!



Link to Ava's 8th month post

No comments: