On Saturday morning Brent's school hosted an Easter egg hunt for the families. It was scheduled to be outside but due to rain, and it never rains so amazingly they had a back up plan, it was moved into the new gym on campus. First off we were able to sit on the Easter Bunny's lap, were Ava got a stuffed chick, and Trena got bubbles. For the egg hunt they had it divided up by age groups and each age group was supposed to go at different times so that parents could see each of their children hunt for eggs. Ava's age group was way to full so they said we could go in with the next age group, which was on the basketball court, Trena was on one side A on the other. Well, there were so many kids and Brent couldn't really get in there with A, so luckily one egg rolled their way and they got one egg. So then we headed over to watch Trena to find out that when the older kids heard go, they went too. So me being the overly emotional Mom thta I am, I started crying because I missed Trena grabbing eggs. Now mind you it wasn't even really a hunt, all the eggs were in the middle of the floor, and I am embarrassed to admit I got teary eyed, but I feel like I miss out on things with Trena all the time. I know that if I didn't mention it Brent would, because he couldn't believe I was crying. Truth is neither could I. Trena got about eight eggs, no prizes only candy and stickers, but she had fun and that is what was important.
Here are some photos from our morning hunt: (I apologize for some of the pics being sideways, I am not sure why they are uploading that way)
Opening eggs and mom realizing that her memory card was full, thank goodness Aunt Karey had her camera.
Ava playing with her chick and basket
I think she like the tag on her basket best of all
Our beautiful girls
The girls with Aunt Karey
Our Family
1 comment:
Don't worry I am sure they will want to go again next year. Lizzie only got three eggs total. It was way to crowded but at least the kids had fun right?
Post a Comment