We had a great conference weekend. On Saturday we got up and watched the morning session of conference, and then headed to Flagstaff with Gary's family. We were all missing fall and decided it would be fun to go see the leaves changing and leave the 90 degree weather behind (Go figure it actual dropped to the 80's that day!). We stopped and ate lunch at Subway along the way at the Cottonwood/Payson exit, it made it almost feel like we were in Utah. We then continued on our way and it started to rain, and not just rain, it was pouring, but we continued on. When we got to Flagstaff the rain cleared up, and the sun even poked its head out for a little bit, although the high was only in the 50's that day. I loved it!!! I loved feeling the cool air and getting all bundled up (and the best part doing it without the snow). It was fun to also remember how tired the cold makes you or at least me. I love fall and miss it here. Back to my story, we then found a campsite and bundled up the Turkey Butt (AKA Ava) and roasted marshmallows and had smores, yummy! It took awhile to get a fire going thanks to all the moisture we had just received, but Gary and Cameron did it. We then just hung out and enjoyed nature for awhile. We found deer legs at the campsite and kept hearing rifle shots, Gary found a huge, ugly green bug that he had to scare the kids with. Then Gary took the kids on a nature walk, where they saw a wolf, and Katrena swears her and Caleb saw a tiny snake, unfortunately no adult can back this up. We then went to dinner at Cracker Barrel and headed home, it was a great Saturday spent with family and feeling like you had gone on a mini vacation away from your everyday world.

Ava (10 weks) and Mom

Ava (10 weks) and Mom

Brent and I
On Sunday we got up and watched both sessions of conference and totally just had a lazy day, I sewed, trena played, Ava got passed around and Brent did some school stuff. I love being able to sit and listen to the words of our Prophet and his Apostle's. Brent and I both really enjoyed President Monson's closing talk during the Sunday morning session, what beautiful words, if we keep wishing for our tomorrows, ignoring our today's we have no yesterday's!!! I need to remember the sorrows of yesterday to appreciate the joys of today, and I need to remember the joy's of yesterday to help me through the sorrows of today. The whole conference was just beautiful, and I am excited to study my Ensign when it comes next month. After conference about 8 families from the ward got together for a potluck at the clubhouse it was yummy and fun to visit with one another and let the kids run and get wiggles out before bed. Thanks for arranging it Liora.



6 comments:
That sounds like an awesome weekend. I love campfires and smores! I love that picture of you and Ava, you look beautiful and happy. I too loved conference, President Monson is awesome.
We were just up there. Isn't it beautiful! Ava is getting so big :)
Nothing better than getting away for the day. Glad to see you get to do that once in awhile (even with a new baby).
I am not one for camping...but a day trip would be okay. I love lazy Sundays too.
:)Carla
I'm so thrilled you got to experience fall!!! You look so beautiful Kim, and Ava is a doll! What an fun time. I loved President Monsons talk. I always feel so much better and renewed after conference. It's like they are speaking directly to me. Thank you for your post. It made my day
So fun and Ava's so big now!
What a fun weekend !, I love the color fall brings although I'm no to crazy about the cold weather, but is fun to enjoy every season that comes. Kim you look so cute and I can't believe how big Ava is getting, give a big hug and kisses to those beautiful little girls you have over there from us, we love you guys.
Post a Comment