Warning:

If you know me you know I am a wordy person, I always have a story to tell and I want moments fully documented. I want my kids to look back and have all the details, you can think of this site as our family journal, or more importantly the momma diary.

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Countdown to Halloween- Wednesday 10/29

On Wednesday we went to dinner at the clubhouse for pizza and fruit provided by MWU, and then I headed out for visiting teaching with my awesome companion Melinda. While I was gone (with Ava) Brent was going to take Katrena to a local haunted house that was taking donations for a charity. When they got there they found out it had been closed down that morning, more not meeting fire hazard codes or something like that. Anyways this was just a little haunted house put on by some people not a big deal, but I guess it had begun to draw a big enough crowd that it was also drawing attention, so it got shut down. They were both disapointed. I suggested they go home and start carving a pumpkin and that I would join them shortly.

When I got home they had just finished cleaning out all the yummy guts and brains (tonights dinner by the way), and Katrena was drawing the face to be carved by Dad.



Here they are with their finished product.



Ava's first Jack O'lantern.



Mr. Jack O'Lantern (yes, he has nostrils).



We hope everyone is having a fun/spooky countdown to Halloween week.


Tonights Countdown activity will be our traditional Halloween Dinner, its just too hard to do on Halloween night. We (well the majority of us) are looking forward to Pumpkin Brains, Witches Teeth, Seaweed with Puss (aren't you hungry), Baked Witches Skin, with Chilled Bats Blood to drink. And to finish the meal off we are adding something new this year, Swamp Mud.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Brent said...

Screw that. I'm going out to eat tonight.

The Higgins Family said...

aw, thanks for the shout-out. ;) y'all are so fun. your jack-o-lantern turned out great!