This post could also be titled good (or cool)mom, bad mom...
Today was career day at Katrena's school and I'm not really sure what that means, but because of this the kids had a BBQ and the parents were invited to join them. I decided to go, after all what was $2.50 for school lunch, when it makes your child feel valued. I am so glad that I went, there were not many parents there, maybe a couple per class, but I was the only parent from her class. She was so happy to see me and Ava that she took off running (and yes, she hugged me before Ava). She was so cute and so proud. I got to meet her two best friends Sarah and Melanie, both adorable girls. And her two year running crush, John, what a cutie. The four of us (technically 5 with Ava) sat in the shade and ate together, it was so much fun, just to sit and chat with her and her friends. I think we both needed that time and I am so glad Ava just sat in her seat and looked around so that I could truly focus on Trena.
They had music going in the speakers outside and the kids could either play as normal or dance. The PE teachers were out there dancing and had hula hoops and jump ropes. It was so much fun, and the best part since Trena is in 2nd grade it was cool to have mom out there dancing!!! And boy did I have fun working off my 8 point Hot Dog!!!
Now the BAD mom part, do you see something wrong with this post? I do, no pictures!!! That's right I forgot the camera. Here I am at Trena's school, one on one with her Best friends, picture op after picture op and do you think I could have my camera? Of course not. Well next Friday is the Halloween Party and I am the Homeroom Mom so I am in charge (and so excited), you can guarantee I will not make that mistake again...
Today was career day at Katrena's school and I'm not really sure what that means, but because of this the kids had a BBQ and the parents were invited to join them. I decided to go, after all what was $2.50 for school lunch, when it makes your child feel valued. I am so glad that I went, there were not many parents there, maybe a couple per class, but I was the only parent from her class. She was so happy to see me and Ava that she took off running (and yes, she hugged me before Ava). She was so cute and so proud. I got to meet her two best friends Sarah and Melanie, both adorable girls. And her two year running crush, John, what a cutie. The four of us (technically 5 with Ava) sat in the shade and ate together, it was so much fun, just to sit and chat with her and her friends. I think we both needed that time and I am so glad Ava just sat in her seat and looked around so that I could truly focus on Trena.
They had music going in the speakers outside and the kids could either play as normal or dance. The PE teachers were out there dancing and had hula hoops and jump ropes. It was so much fun, and the best part since Trena is in 2nd grade it was cool to have mom out there dancing!!! And boy did I have fun working off my 8 point Hot Dog!!!
Now the BAD mom part, do you see something wrong with this post? I do, no pictures!!! That's right I forgot the camera. Here I am at Trena's school, one on one with her Best friends, picture op after picture op and do you think I could have my camera? Of course not. Well next Friday is the Halloween Party and I am the Homeroom Mom so I am in charge (and so excited), you can guarantee I will not make that mistake again...
2 comments:
She will remember you being there more than you forgot your camera. Don't beat yourself up. You are a great mom!!!
I'll be thinking of you on Halloween since I am doing both girls class parties. (AUGH!) A lot of work, but I love it!
:)Carla
I too hate it when I forget my camera but sometimes it's nice just to focus on the moment and now you have a great post to remember it by.
Post a Comment