Because this is the week of Halloween, I like to make it a week long celebration of fun!!! (My Husband just thinks I am crazy and wishes I would throw all my crazy traditions and kookiness away{By the way THANKS MOM} I personally like my kookiness and think my kids do and will too...)
So for Monday, I decided to so something simple no overkill on the Halloween. I decided we needed dinner with something pumpkin (sorry you get the left overs shot). I made Pumpkin Waffles (yummy) with homemade apple cider syrup.

Katrena and I made these little bats last week, and I just wanted to share. They are super simple and cute to boot. The super tiny bat Katrena made at school, he's cute too, we're going to put a magnet on its back so it can actually be used and enjoyed.
So for Monday, I decided to so something simple no overkill on the Halloween. I decided we needed dinner with something pumpkin (sorry you get the left overs shot). I made Pumpkin Waffles (yummy) with homemade apple cider syrup.

Katrena and I made these little bats last week, and I just wanted to share. They are super simple and cute to boot. The super tiny bat Katrena made at school, he's cute too, we're going to put a magnet on its back so it can actually be used and enjoyed.

Clay pot bats
Get a small clay pot and paint black for the body.
The head is made out of a round wooden ball with a flat bottom (this is either a small or medium size) you can just match the size that fits with the clay pot size you desire, and paint black.
The wings and ears are made out of craft foam.
Small squiggly eyes, and puff paint for decorating.
Voila adorable bats to adorn your home at Halloween time!!!
We will be continuing our activity a day countdown to Halloween, I think I am more excited than Trena. And I know I am more excited that Brent and Ava.
Do you have any kooky traditions???

8 comments:
Great ideas! I made pumkin waffles a couple months ago for the first time and they were really good. Can you tell me how you make your syrup, it sounds really good.
Ben's family always has spaghetti and green koolaid with dry iceon Halloween, then they use odd things to eat off of; like a blender or a cookie sheet or measuring cup, you get the idea. We're going to start that tradition this year.
I like your kookiness, too. ;) I'm still in the process of establishing family traditions. My mom always made "dead man" meatloaf for Halloween dinner-- incl. ketchup and knife... kind of morbid actually, but we thought it was cool. Since my boys are little and won't appreciate that, I'm thinking we'll do pumpkin pizzas (mini english muffin pizzas w/chedder & olives)... more on the cute side of the holiday, I suppose. :) Then of course traditional sugar cookies and pumpkin carving. Fun stuff!
I want those recipes for the pancakes and syrup! Yummy :)
What a fun way to celebrate! I love all the ideas(however I am not a fan of the pumpkin taste.) We make witched fingers (pigs in a blanket) on Halloween night and decorate our house full force. So scary and fun!
Watch out for the goblins Friday night.
BOOOOOOOOO!
:)Carla
Hey Kim,
I loved you idea about syrup, This year will be my first Holloween with my little baby.Anyway I am at North Caroline ,I am in Fayetteville 1st Ward, where does your family live?
Sorry I haven't been able to check out your blog lately. Ava is the cutest baby chick ever! And Trena is just too beautiful. I'm still trying to establish some traditions myslef. But those waffles sound super scrumtious! I love the bats too. You're so crafty!
yummy to my tummy i want the recipe too.
ps your girls are so cute and getting so big. Can we please stop time.
Thanks for the recipe! I lost your e-mail address. Can you send it to me please? junglegwen@hotmail.com Thanks!
Post a Comment