Warning:

If you know me you know I am a wordy person, I always have a story to tell and I want moments fully documented. I want my kids to look back and have all the details, you can think of this site as our family journal, or more importantly the momma diary.

Friday, June 18, 2010

Calico Ghost Town (6/5/2010)

On Saturday the 5th we took a little jaunt 45 minutes east to Calico Ghost Town. We had a good time as a family, even though it was the hottest day of the year so far. We did a lot of fun things, panning for gold, went on a train ride, went through the mystery house and toured an old mine and of course ate dinner.

The mountain




Little Miss


Mom and Dad



Trena and Ava



China Town of Calico


House made out of glass bottles

side of house


Little Hiker


The girls on the train


The mine

Mom and the girls in the mine

Dad and A in an old house

walking back


Cool pic/sign made out of metal


More fun pics:
Dad and T

Dad and A


Panning for gold


In the casket



They would have to cut off Dad's feet in order for him to fit in the casket



Mystery House: Katrena was scared to go inside and then was completely fascinated. Poor Ava just kept falling down.


The broom that can stand alone


Hanging on in the tilted house, trying not to fall


Our guide on the ladder


leaving the house

view of Calico from the top



Love the monkey peeking over her shoulder

The baby kind of makes it lose its coolness factor



2 comments:

Diane said...

That looks like you had so much fun! we went there on a family vacation when I was a kid, and I remember loving it.

stephanie and mikayla said...

cute pic i wish i can go in the house of mystery looks fun