So Ava has been on kind of a NAUGHTY roll lately. Definitely testing her limits. Last week she kept standing up in her high chair and when I told her to sit down she told me "NO" and started to ramble on a bunch of non words in a mimicking tone. She then threw her dinner plate on the floor, when I told her to pick it up she again refused until sent to her room for a time out. That same day when I had put her down for a nap she was quiet way to quickly for Ava and sure enough when I went in there to check on her I found her sitting in her crib with a completely empty case of wipes, ringing them out. I then preceded to fold all 180 wipes (because of course it was a new container and put them back in the box. On a happy note she quickly went to sleep after that. The next day she got a hold of the dental floss and completely emptied that too. She has really been on a roll lately.
Here is a pic of the wipes, after I removed them from the crib and started to put them away, I thought I should take a picture.
Forgot to mention that on the same day as the dental floss incident, I also found that she had once again snuck into her sister's room and was playing with her Polly Pockets. We have also had a couple of recent marker incidents courtesy of her sisters room as well, luckily these incidents only left there mark on her.
So today (6/7/10) she again quickly quieted down for her nap, and I quickly mopped the floor. Again I was surprised at how quickly she had gone to sleep and I knew that there was nothing in her reach, I had made sure of that, so I tiptoed in to check on her. I look at her crib, see the blankets and think wow she's really asleep. She then says "Hi" and I look over and she's sitting on her changing table. I then scold her and lay her down and tell her its nap time. I am thinking there is no way she'll do it again, after all its been 5 months since the last time. Well a few minutes later I hear screaming, her door opens and she comes walking out. Luckily no broken bones, but this time she jumped off the changing table and landed on her face. So guess who's bedroom was re-arranged tonight.
Boo Boo
Tonight when I was getting her ready for bed, she climbed from the changing table into her crib and back out again, I guess she just wanted to make sure we knew how she did and that she planned on doing it again. That's when I preceded to re-arrange the furniture.
In action
No comments:
Post a Comment