I'd like to introduce you to "Puppy".

Puppy is the newest member of our family. Ava has never had a toy that she was attached too, and now at almost 2 years old we finally have one.
Puppy almost wasn't and came to be in a somewhat unique way. We were walking through the toy aisle at Target on June 1oth, while I was looking for a surprise to send with Trena to Utah, and also getting ideas for Ava's birthday. When Ava saw the stuffed dogs she wanted to hold each one. She would hold one, then ask for another and hand the previous one back to me, so on and so forth until we got to "Puppy". He was the only one that looked like that, and she instantly fell in love.
I am thinking there is no way I am buying a stuffed animal, she doesn't play with any of her toys as is, let alone another stuffed animal. I will let her keep it in the cart and by the time we get to the cash register it will be forgotten and I will hand it to the cashier telling her we had changed our minds. Nope. When we got up there, she was still clinging to puppy for dear life. So next plan of action, I will buy puppy and return it next time I come to the store; because by the time we eat lunch and take a nap he will definitely be forgotten. Nope. Puppy was clung to all during lunch, with "oh, puppy" and "oh my puppy". Nap time came and for the first time ever we asked to have something in the crib with us, Puppy. When she woke up from her nap and I went in to get her, she had puppy in her arms, and she held him out to me and said "Puppy!" Like she could not believe he was really there. At this point tags were cut; because in that short amount of time he had been played with more than any other toy the kid owns.
And so it has continued for weeks now, puppy first thing in the morning and after nap, and we always have to have puppy to go to sleep. She is also falling asleep on her own now. Coincidence or "Puppy", I don't know but I'll take it!
New best friends

Puppy is the newest member of our family. Ava has never had a toy that she was attached too, and now at almost 2 years old we finally have one.
Puppy almost wasn't and came to be in a somewhat unique way. We were walking through the toy aisle at Target on June 1oth, while I was looking for a surprise to send with Trena to Utah, and also getting ideas for Ava's birthday. When Ava saw the stuffed dogs she wanted to hold each one. She would hold one, then ask for another and hand the previous one back to me, so on and so forth until we got to "Puppy". He was the only one that looked like that, and she instantly fell in love.
I am thinking there is no way I am buying a stuffed animal, she doesn't play with any of her toys as is, let alone another stuffed animal. I will let her keep it in the cart and by the time we get to the cash register it will be forgotten and I will hand it to the cashier telling her we had changed our minds. Nope. When we got up there, she was still clinging to puppy for dear life. So next plan of action, I will buy puppy and return it next time I come to the store; because by the time we eat lunch and take a nap he will definitely be forgotten. Nope. Puppy was clung to all during lunch, with "oh, puppy" and "oh my puppy". Nap time came and for the first time ever we asked to have something in the crib with us, Puppy. When she woke up from her nap and I went in to get her, she had puppy in her arms, and she held him out to me and said "Puppy!" Like she could not believe he was really there. At this point tags were cut; because in that short amount of time he had been played with more than any other toy the kid owns.
And so it has continued for weeks now, puppy first thing in the morning and after nap, and we always have to have puppy to go to sleep. She is also falling asleep on her own now. Coincidence or "Puppy", I don't know but I'll take it!
New best friends
"Mommy!"

No comments:
Post a Comment