Warning:

If you know me you know I am a wordy person, I always have a story to tell and I want moments fully documented. I want my kids to look back and have all the details, you can think of this site as our family journal, or more importantly the momma diary.

Thursday, February 2, 2012

5 Months!!! 12-21-11

So in case you've ever wondered what my bathroom counter looks like when I am pregnant, this would be it exciting eh!

Its okay though because I will do anything to get this baby here healthy.
AM: 7500 units heparin, yes that is in the form of a shot.
Prenatal vitamin
calcium (because of the heparin)
1600mcg folate

PM: 7500 units heparin
aspirin
1600 mcg folate
B multi vitamin
progesterone (1st trimester)
Although it is mostly just average vitamins these are all important vitamins to my body. I have MTHFR homozygous, although many people have this condition it does not effect everyone the same way. In my case it has led to 5 pregnancy loses from 6 weeks to 26 weeks. Some of these babies we have had autopsy's and genetic testing done on and the were fine, normal "healthy" babies. I am at a greater risk for birth defects, mostly neuro because of this condition. My body does not absorb B vitamins especially folate, and it also causes blood clots to form in the umbilical cord. In the case of my Trena even though there were no blood clots this condition caused her to suffer from IUGR (intra uterine growth retardation), she was born extremely malnurished the doctors informed me that she was within minutes of dying at the time of her birth.

As for our current pregnancy on 12-21-11 I made it to 5 months!!!



Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Susan said...

you look so cute Kim! I'm so excited for you!